Friday, December 13, 2013

Deliver Me

This is serious. 


For the past week, I have seemingly been in a decline in my relationship with God. This might be a short time compared to some, but imagine holding your breath for a week or not eating for a week. This has been my reality.

You see, sin is an interesting thing. We can be drawn to it, pleasured by it and enslaved through it. Sin is a sickening thing. 

Sin is not simply a verb that is performed contrary to God, but sin is the essence of our flesh, which brings the fruit of sinful actions. If I could borrow from Isaac Newton, "Errors are not in the art but in the artificers". That is to say, sin, as an action, is not the problem, but we, the sinner. Our sinful acts are set in motion. What I do is fruit of who I am, but praise be to God that who I am is being changed by the Great I Am. 
I can hear the skeptics now: "Oh, you're a Christian, you should never feel that way" or "Oh child, just be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might". Well I would respond and ask them to say that to Paul as well, he understood this fight. In Romans 7:18-20 he says, 

"For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me".

So today, I ask for your prayers and encouragement. I might not be committing an actual "sin", but it is the nature of my sinFUL flesh that counters the holiness of God. Who will deliver us from our wretchedness? "O thank God! [He will!] through Jesus Christ (the Anointed One) our Lord!" (Romans 7:25 AMP).

My prayer is Jeremiah 24:7, a Perfect Prayer:

Father God I thank you for giving me the heart to know You as my Lord. I pray that You would guide me as Your son and that I would desire to know you as God. I thank you for returning my heart to Your heart. Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment