Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My 30-Second "Preach Off"

Again, as I said in my post, "Mockery of Christianity", "Christianity has been ridiculed, but God will not be mocked. We need to be ever so watchful of WHAT is going on socially because it is largely responsible for HOW we will be able to engage society with the Gospel". 

Today I watched a snippet of the Preachers of L.A. being put on stage to display who had the "best preaching skills". At first watch, I had a very uneasy feeling, mostly because it looked like they were being
thrown onto a platform to perform, which they did, as we, the audience cheered THEM on. 

I believe this is a prime example of the Gospel becoming too familiar to the world. It is becoming worthless, something only used for show.  


The challenge was to preach a message in 30-seconds. The title of the message was "Life is Not a Reality Show". This is how I think those 30-seconds should have been spent in front of 1.3 million viewers. 
(I'm going to attempt to write this void of pause, thought or edit.)


In this generation, everything is right in front of us and everything we desire is within our reach. We escape the reality of our lives by living in another's, but this is not reality. 
True reality is only what God reveals, which is, we are sinners. The reality is this. God is holy and excellent in all His ways and we are opposed to His righteousness, destined to an existence without Him. 

Our hope rest solely on Jesus. The distance between our works unto righteousness and the righteousness that God requires is an unfathomable space. The reality is that we are in desperate need of a Savior. And Jesus is more than able to save you. 


Enhancing His Kingdom,
E.D. Jackson Jr.



(post writing this, my wife timed me to 30-seconds, had to cut out 3 or 4 sentences)

GlasgowAmateur via Compfight cc

No comments:

Post a Comment