Sunday, September 22, 2013

Praying Unto His Glory (1 Kings 8:57)



As a Children's Pastor, I have heard many children pray and as one that has sat in many Bible Studies and visited many churches, I have heard many children pray. 

What do I mean by this? Most children are not equipped with the understanding to pray perfectly, so they pray out of their own understanding, which is limited. We are very
intellectual beings and we have been given the capacity to speak on exactly how we feel or by what we want and the problem with that is our feelings may sometimes be deceitful, while our desires may be wrong. When a child thanks God for the trees, birds, parents and etc., they are simply praying out of what they know. Is this wrong? No. But adults have the same tendencies, as we pray, we are sometimes directed by our emotions and finite knowledge.  

What we must know is the Word of God and what we must pray is the Word of God.

Show me a better way to pray and I will show you a lie. Praying the Word of God is the highest compliment to Him, while serving to us the assurance that a perfect prayer was prayed. Each week I will highlight verses that I have found to be extraordinary in my prayer life. I am not perfect, so I pray the perfection that is found within Scripture. If you have verses that you pray, please share them with me. Below is our 1st verse.


1 Kings 8:57, 58
The Lord our God be with us, as He was with our fathers: let Him not leave us, nor forsake us:
That He may incline our hearts unto Him, to walk in all His ways, and to keep His commandments, and His statutes, and His judgments, which He commanded our fathers.


Enhancing His Kingdom,

E.D. Jackson Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment